China takes the center stage in global M&A
13 October 2016 - Shanghai
Chinese M&A has become a key driver of the global M&A market place. For the last few years, M&A led by Chinese companies have gone from strength to strength with a record US$ 636.7 billion of deal values recorded in 2015 by the Mergermarket team. While global M&A has cooled off slightly in 2016, Chinese companies remain very active, especially in the acquisition of international assets with total outbound deal value reaching US$84.5 billion in the first quarter of 2016.
To enable better understanding of the key drivers, opportunities and challenges affecting China M&A, Mergermarket and AVCJ will join forces to organize the China M&A Forum 2016 scheduled for October 13 in Shanghai. This highly anticipated event will delve into the Chinese M&A landscape, its key players, drivers and discuss its growing importance in the global M&A arena. Join us to meet and network with 200+ corporate executives, institutional investors, policy makers, and private equity investors from across the globe.
There're limited speaking / sponsorship opportunities available, if you are interested to explore more, please feel free to contact Darryl Mag at email@example.com / +852 2158 9639.
What will be discussed?
- An overview of the global economy and M&A activity in 2016; outlook in 2017 and beyond
- Inbound and outbound M&A: key drivers, deal sourcing trends
- and challenges
- Hot sectors for acquisition by Chinese buyers
- Post-merger integration issues and risk management strategies
- The evolving role of private equity firms in M&A
- Case studies: lessons learnt and key factors for success
- Policy development and updates